Cable Troubleshooting Tips
Another program is airing, other than, your cable class
- Check to see if you are tuned to the correct channel.
- Check your course packet or syllabus to view the broadcast schedule of your class or check the DL Course Listing.
- Contact the UHTV programming hotline at (808) 956-2724. Identify yourself, your class and state your concern.
There is no picture on the channel
- Check to see if you are tuned to the correct channel (channel 354/QAM 27.54 Maui County or 46.54 all other Counties, 355/QAM 27.55 Maui County or 46.55 all other Counties)
- If you are an Spectrum subscriber, go to Spectrum's support page.
- If you are a Hawaiian Telcom TV subscriber, go to Hawaiian Telcom's support page.
Recording the class using a VCR
- If using recycled videotape, be sure it is rewound and the record tab is not pulled-out. If the record tab is pulled-out, then cover with tape. Check to make sure the length of the videotape covers the duration of the class broadcast.
- Double check your timer settings - be sure it is set for the correct date, start time, end time, channel and tape speed.
Recording the class using a DVR
- Be sure you do not have any conflicts with other scheduled recordings.
- Be sure your class is set to record for the whole series.
- Double check your on-screen guide - be sure you are choosing the correct channel and cable class (broadcast day and time).
Missed viewing of class session
- Check course packet or broadcast schedule to see if there is a rebroadcast of the class session missed.
- Check with instructor for other options to obtain missed content.