If you don't already have Internet Access at home:
Comcast is offering an internet essentials package for free. To sign up for a free internet essentials package for 60 days, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com.
Hawaiian Telcom will be offering two (2) months of free Internet service to households with K-12 and/or college students who currently do not subscribe to Hawaiian Telcom Internet service. To sign up, families can call 643-8888. Installations fees will also be waived for new student households
Spectrum Hawaii offers free wi-fi access to homes with students! Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- You need to provide contact information and show your student ID upon pick-up or delivery of the modem and router (they will deliver!). The fine print: Be aware that if you don't cancel before the 60 "free" days, you'll be billed for continuation of services. It's not an automatic cancellation! Put it on your calendar to cancel services before the 60th day!
AT&T, Comcast, Charter, Cox, Google Fiber, Sprint, Verizon, & T-Mobile
Beginning March 13, 2020, these companies are participating in the "Keep Americans Connected" Pledge; companies will not disconnect anyone for the next 60 days. More Info
Suspending broadband usage caps for home internet customers; no overage fees while people at home are using more data; keeping public wi-fi hotspots open; internet access for qualifying low income households at $10/month through Access from AT&T Program. More Info
Campus Libraries and Computer Labs
Students who do not have access to their own computers may use those available in campus libraries and computer labs. Please note that some computers in the open labs may be out of order to comply with social distancing recommendations.
- Hawaiʻi Community College, The Learning Center
- Honolulu Community College, Student Computer Lab
- Kapiʻolani Community College, Lama Library
- Kauaʻi Community College, Library
- Leeward Community College, Learning Commons
- Maui College, Library
- University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, Edwin H. Moʻokini Library
- University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, ITS Computer Labs
- University of Hawaiʻi at West Oʻahu, James & Abigail Campbell Library
- Windward Community College, Computer Lab