Your faculty are preparing to teach using a learning management system and a videoconferencing system. Familiarizing yourself with these tools will help provide a smooth transition when classes begin.
Laulima is the official University of Hawaiʻi learning management system. Most online courses in the UH system use Laulima for course content.
- Laulima v20 Upgrade Features - student resource page includes Laulima Student Overview video and tutorials.
- Technical Requirements
- Assistance with Laulima - If there is a technical issue, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
A web conferencing tool may be used for facilitating lectures online in either synchronous or asynchronous environments. Check with your instructor whether or not this tool will be used for your online class. If your course includes web conferencing, you will need a computer or mobile device with a camera and microphone capabilities. To join a class session, your instructor will give you a link either through email, a calendar invitation, or post in your Laulima course.
- Your instructor may use one of the following web conferencing tools
Here are some tips during a web conferencing session
- Make sure you're muted when not talking
- Be yourself and respect others
- Ask questions using the chat tool
- Use reactions to engage with your class
- Think before you write
- Utilize the raise your hand feature if wanting to ask a question live