- Sep 10 2021
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Rubrics and Beyond: Tools and Strategies That Impact Student Learning!
Authentic assessment strategies like incorporating real-world applications and offering students options to demonstrate their learning achievement in different ways help support student engagement and learning objectives. While these types of assessments may seem challenging to measure, rubrics can help to clarify expectations and provide consistent criteria for faculty to evaluate.
Join this webinar to learn more about designing quality authentic assessments, along with the tools and strategies to align and support the achievement of course learning objectives for students. Tools and strategies for assessment at the program level will also be covered; learn how the promotion of student expectations via transparent evaluation can be used for program assessment, accreditation, and evaluation. (This event is co-hosted with UHM Center for Teaching Excellence)
- Hui-Ya (Laura) Chuang (Moderator), UH Online Innovation Center, UH System
- Jon-Paul Bingham, Molecular Biosciences and Bioengineering, UH Mānoa
- Rachel Mamiya Hernandez, Languages and Literatures of Europe & the Americas, UH Mānoa
- Sheri Gon, Medical Technology, UH Mānoa
- Matt Parcon, UH Online Innovation Center, UH System
- Webinar Recording (Youtube Playlist)
- Presentation Slides (Google Slides)