This page includes a compilation of the most frequently accessed resources by UH faculty and staff.
UHOIC Compiled Tutorials and Resources
For a comprehensive tutorial list of Laulima, Google, Zoom, and other resources useful for online teaching, visit UHOIC Tutorials and Resources (Google Sheet).
The University of Hawai’i Learning Management System (LMS)
Laulima Course Design Assistance
If you need assistance with your Laulima course design and/or instruction, utilize Instructional Design services or follow the Online Teaching & Learning Pathways.
UH Online Templates
Feel free to use the UH Online Course Map, Syllabus, and Laulima Templates for your own course.
Course Map Template
Make a copy of the Course Map Template to help you plan out and align your course components. The template is offered in two formats: Google Sheets and Google Docs.
Course Syllabus Template
Request a Syllabus Template (5-Week, 16-Week, Summer), prepopulated with basic requirements and policies to use for your own courses.
Course Design Document
Make a copy of the Course Design Document to help you write out and organize your course content! The template is a Google Doc and has 5 weeks/modules included. Feel free to add as many weeks or modules as needed for your course.
UH Online Laulima Template
Request a Laulima Template (5-Week, 16-Week, Summer) to be installed in your own courses. The template incorporates built-in organization and best practices.
Online Teaching Strategies & Resources
Various teaching strategies and resources to help you with designing and developing your course.
- Accessibility at UH
- Creating Accessible Media at UH
- Keeping Accessibility and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Mind
Ed Tech Tools
- Online Learning Tech Slam – Tools & Resources Exchange (Padlet Forum) – Review and contribute to this compilation of educational technology tools and help resources)
- Google@UH Productivity Tools
- Apps for recording (Loom, Screencast-O-Matic, Snagit)
- Free Tech for Learning – Here is a curated resource by ISTE and EdSurge for free educational technology tools for learning. Use the left-hand menu to filter criteria. Select “PostSecondary ” and “Adult Learning” to filter tools for higher education.
Faculty Resources & Sharing
Several Padlet forums have been created around themed topics (e.g., Building Empathy and Strengthening Online Community, Online Assessments, STEM Resource for Remote Instruction, Tools & Resources Exchange, etc).
Some resources you may find useful:
Using Zoom for Instruction
Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Open Educational Resource (OER) at UH
- Reach out to your campus’ OER team for assistance in building your OER content
- OER Workshop Presentation Archive, Part 1 and Part 2 (provided by Leeward Community College
UHM Gen Ed Distance Ed Resources
- Laulima Resources
- UH Online Templates
- Online Teaching Strategies & Resources
Archived Webinar Resources
Unable to attend one of the UHOIC-hosted webinars? No worries! Check out the recordings of our amazing faculty and staff guest presenters along with other archived past event resources.
Work Smarter (Not Harder): Google Suite Productivity Tips & New Features
Google Workspace tools (formerly GSuite) is regularly updated with new...View webinar resources >
Designing Powerful Learning Experiences: Strategies from Innovation and Impact Showcase Awardees
As higher education professionals, we strive to prepare our graduates...View webinar resources >
Laulima v21 Upgrade & Tips for Instruction
Description: The UH Instructional Design Professional Learning Community (PLC) will...View webinar resources >
Work Smarter (Not Harder) with Google Forms
Google Forms is a versatile tool that can be used...View webinar resources >
Humanizing Online Courses
Description: One of the biggest challenges when teaching online is...View webinar resources >
Instructional Third Party Online Tools
Interested in using third party tools to supplement and increase student engagement in your courses?