Description: While summer has allowed faculty and staff to better prepare for Fall 2020 course offerings, it brings some new delivery formats to light. A “newer” hybrid format, known at UH Mānoa as Hybrid Here-or-There (HOT), but more commonly known as Hyflex, is now an option for faculty and students. This informal hui will collectively talk story about this teaching format and how it compares/contrasts with other more traditional hybrid models.
Who is this session for? UH Faculty and Staff who are teaching hybrid courses this fall or are considering how to format their hybrid or hyflex course(s) in the future.
Archived Webinar Resources
The T&L Hui Overview
- Purpose? “Hui” can be defined as a club or group that congregates, meets, intermingles, etc. (wehewehe.org). The Online T&L Hui is designed to bring together UH faculty and staff to share ideas and talk story on trending topics related to online teaching and learning.
- How? Sharing will be open-forum style with a free flowing agenda driven by the conversation. This will not be a presentation or workshop with structured/guided content. Hui participants will actively participate during each session, so be sure to have your microphone and camera ready!
- When? One-hour synchronous Zoom sessions on select Fridays throughout the Fall 2020 semester. Schedule and topics may be subject to change depending on participant feedback and demand.
- Who? Each hui session will focus on trending online teaching and learning topics, with a limit of 50 participants to allow for active participation (first-come, first-served).
What’s in it for me? (a.k.a., learning objectives)
- Connect and network with other faculty and staff from across the UH system to learn and share experiences with each other.
- Leave the session with helpful strategies, tips, and/or resources for online teaching and learning.
- Tackle challenges shared during each session as a collective hui!